Saturday, November 6, 2010

Using natural materials

On my last trip to Israel in October I was walking around the Nachalat Benjamin street on the artist street fair day and found this amazing jewelry shop with very creative display window. I love window displays they are like little fantasy, fairytale worlds that I get sucked into so easily! Here in San Francisco we have so many amazing shops and displays that I must share in an updated post.
But back to this window display, what drew me to it was it's simplicity and natural elements. The burlap sack, rough twine made the perfect backdrop for the stunning blue stone necklaces.



From this inspiration I collected some simple stones on the beach in Tel Aviv and used them for my own photos in Tali's collection that are now up in the saffronstyles Etsy store.

The collecting stones beach....

No comments:

Post a Comment